What is your personal data?
Personal data refers to any data that can help one identify a living person. This identification may be through this information alone or in combination with any other information that the data controller possesses or is likely to possess. In the UK, the retained version of EU Regulation 2016/679 (General Data Protection Regulation ( GDPR)) and the Data Protection Act 2018 govern the processing of personal data.
Who are we?
Yacht Sentinel Limited is the data controller, which means that we determine how your personal data is processed and for what purposes. Our site address is www.yacht-sentinel.com. Our registered address is at Canalot Studios 222 Kensal Road, Unit 230, London, England, W10 5BN and our company number is 03531968 .
What sort of data do we collect?
- your name, phone number, email, address and boat harbour details
- information you put into forms on our site at any time
- a record of any correspondence between us
- details of transactions you carry out through our site
- details of your visits to our site and the resources you use
- information about your computer (e.g. your IP address, browser, operating system etc) for system administration and to report aggregate information to our advertisers
- (where you purchase any product containing GPS functionality) your GPS data
- you have given consent to the processing of your personal data for one or more specific purpose;
- processing is necessary for the performance of a contract to which you are a party or in order to take steps at the request of you prior to entering into a contract;
- processing is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation to which we are subject;
- processing is necessary to protect the vital interests of you or of another natural person;
- processing is necessary for the performance of a task carried out in the public interest or in the exercise of official authority vested in the controller; and/or
- processing is necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by us or by a third party, except where such interests are overridden by the fundamental rights and freedoms of the data subject which require protection of personal data.
How do we process your personal data?
Yacht Sentinel Limited complies with all its obligations under the GDPR. This includes:
- Ensuring that personal data is up-to-date.
- Storing and destroying personal data regularly.
- Protecting personal data from misuse, loss, disclosure and unauthorised access.
- Ensuring that suitable technical measures are in place for the protection of personal data.
What purposes will your personal data be used for?
We may utilise your personal data to carry out our obligations under a contract with you and/or if the processing is necessary for our legitimate interests. If you are already our customer, we will only contact you about things similar to what was previously sold to you. If you are a new customer, you will only be contacted if you consent to it. We will always ask for your consent before sending you anything for marketing purposes.
If you don’t want us to use your personal data for any of the reasons set out in this section, you can let us know any time by contacting us and we will delete your data from our systems. However, you acknowledge that this will limit our ability to provide the best possible services to you.
In some cases, the collection of personal data may be a statutory or contractual requirement, and we will be limited in the services we can provide you if you don’t provide your personal data in these cases.
How long do we keep and how do we store your personal data?
We will transfer your collected data outside the UK and the European Economic Area (EEA) and it will be processed outside the EEA. By giving us your personal data, you agree to this arrangement. We will take all reasonable measures to ensure the protection and security of your personal data in accordance with requirements under applicable laws.
Any payments will be encrypted and if we give you a password you must keep it confidential. Please don’t share it. Although we try to provide protection, we cannot guarantee complete security for your data and you take the risk that any sending of that data turns out to be not secure despite our efforts.
We only keep your personal data for as long as we need in order to use it as described above in section 4 and/or for as long as we have your permission to keep it. In any event, we will conduct an annual review to ascertain whether we need to keep your personal data and your personal data will be deleted if we no longer need it.
What are your rights regarding your personal data, under the GDPR?
You have several rights in regards to the personal data that we hold (which you can exercise for free), unless, of course, subject to an exemption under the GDPR. These include, but are not limited to:
- The right to request a copy of your personal data which we hold about you
- The right to withdraw your consent or object to the processing at any time
- The right to request us to correct any personal data
- the right to request that a restriction is placed on further processing
- The right to request that your personal data is erased
- The right to be informed of what data processing is taking place
- The right to request that your personal data be transferred to another person (data portability)
- The right to file a complaint with the Information Commissioners Office
How do we safeguard your data?
Data security is very important to us. We will only disclose your information in the following cases:
- If we want to sell our business/company, we can disclose it to the potential buyer
- We can disclose it if we have a legal obligation to do so, or in order to protect other people’s property, safety or rights
- We can exchange information with others to protect against fraud or credit risks
We grant access to your personal data only to our staff members or to prospective customers or employers.
To prevent misuse, loss and alteration of your personal information, we have strict security measures in place. However, you should be mindful of the fact that when you submit information on any website, including ours, there is a certain risk involved while it is transmitted online.
Links to other sites
How do we inform you of any policy changes?
You can contact by post: Yacht Sentinel Ltd, Canalot Studios, 222 Kensal road, London, W10 5BN
Or by email to
Or by telephone to +44 (0)1932 506 173